Other joining solutions
Weld Application, New Joining Technologies & Process Development
Laser Welding - A line-of-sight, single-sided, non-contact joining process. Characterised by its high focused energy density, which is capable of producing high aspect ratio welds (narrow weld width: large weld depth) in many metallic materials. It can be performed at atmospheric pressure, although inert gas shielding is required for more reactive materials.
- The production of deep, narrow welds
- Low heat
- High welding speeds (in thin materials) or joint completion in a single pass (in thicker materials).
Self Piercing Riveting - A high speed mechanical process for fastening sheet materials, usually of steel or aluminium to clinch rivet the pieces together.
- Fast, single operation joining process
- Can be used on unweldable materials and dissimilar material combinations
- Little or no damage to pre-coated materials
- No fume or heat, low noise emission, low energy consumption
Give one of our team a call today on 01827 254 829 or email us on the contact form below to find out more